Saturday, January 24, 2015

I'm a curl girl too!


I'm a Curl Girl! 






My Curl pattern is pretty much an 3c/4a fine texture.

I don't wear my hair out much but i'm trying to wear it out more. 
I've been natural for almost 5 years! Isn't it beautiful?  I will list a few of the products I use on my hair below.  

Why did I go natural?

(My hair with the Wave Noveau Curl Perm) 

Freshmen year of high school, I wanted to wear my real hair out.  I always wear braids or weave when I was younger. I found out about this hairstyle called the "Wave Noveau".  I loved my big, loose curls it was so lustrous and wonderful.  Yes, it was a curl perm! O how I regret putting this harmful substance in my hair.  I went to the shop every 6 months and to get this done to my hair.  One day the lady was rushing to get home and left chemicals in my hair.  I didn't know until a week went past that she left chemicals in my hair.  When I started combing my hair it fell out like I had alopecia.  I had to just keep combing my hair and wash it out until my hair stop falling out.  I lost a lot of thickness on the right side of my hair because that's where it fell out the most. I still had length but it doesn't mean nothing if you have thin hair.  I had to go get a big chop and she still put that curl perm back in my hair.  That was the last day going back to the shop and putting that perm back in my hair.  I let the perm wear out and went back to the braids.  That's when I became natural.  

Did the perm mess up my growth? 
The perm did kind of mess up my growth on the right side where it mostly fell out at.  Since its year five since I've been natural I have a few thin spots but it is growing back slowly.  I give it another 5 years until it gets fuller.  



I'm not a natural hair expert on hair but here go a few products that I used.

Moisturizer: 

Shampoo: 

Conditioner: 

Deep Treatment: 

Co-Wash: 

Styling Products: 

Everything not so expensive and just right!!! You don't need a pantry full of hair products.  Stick to the few you have!  Hope you like! I will post my regime and hair styles later(: 

You can ask me more questions, give advice, tell me your story and much more  by commenting below!!!! I Love when I hear from different people on their view of natural hair.  





No comments:

Post a Comment